A CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification is a professional credential that demonstrates an individual’s knowledge and competency in pool operations. CPO certification is recognized as a standard of excellence in the pool and spa industry and is often required by state and local regulations for public and commercial pools.
Knowledge and Credibility
CPO certification programs provide individuals with a thorough understanding of pool chemistry, water circulation, filtration, and sanitation. This knowledge can help CPOs ensure that pools are clean, safe, and well-maintained.
Improved Aquatic Safety
CPOs are trained to identify and address potential safety hazards in and around the pool, such as electrical issues, slippery surfaces, and improper fencing. By implementing best practices for pool safety, CPOs can help prevent accidents and injuries.
By properly maintaining pool equipment and water chemistry, CPOs can guide their facilities to more streamlined operations by saving them money in both the short and long term. Their specialized training also provides guidance on how to help extend the life of pool equipment and reduce the need for costly repairs and replacements.
What We'll Cover
- Risk reduction in and around water
- Drowning prevention, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
- Regulatory guidelines
- Disinfection and water balance maintenance
- How to manage water problems
- How to perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record keeping
- How to manage chemical feed
- How to utilize automation and technology